Each and every day,
our mission drives our organization to help older adults Live Life!
Maple Knoll Communities COVID-19 Update
Updated on March 30, 2020 @ 4:00 PM
Friends of Maple Knoll Communities,
we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and, in accordance with The Ohio Department of Health, World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control,, are continuously evaluating our policies, procedures and taking extra precautions. Because the health and well-being of our residents and employees remains our first priority, we continue to make extensive preparations, realizing this situation has an unpredictable path. Maple Knoll Communities’ Corporate Infection Preventionist will be coordinating all precautions, screenings, supplies, education, updates and communication related to the virus. We have implemented the following procedures and responses:
• Visitors and Resident Access: ALL VISITORS are now restricted from entering all areas of Maple Knoll Communities, including Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Independent Living Common spaces. In addition, all individuals are asked by the State of Ohio to shelter in place.
• All essential employees, vendors and other medical personnel will be screened prior to being allowed entry to our facilities.
• Delivery of meals will be provided to our Independent Living residents at their request. Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing residents will continue to have their needs met by our staff. Residents have been given essential information on accessing meals and other necessary items. Loved ones of our residents can learn more by calling 513.782.2500. You may also see updated occurances from around our campuses by visiting our social media pages.
We are committed to doing whatever is necessary to ensure the essential needs of our residents continue to be met. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work through what we deem is necessary to protect those living and working in our communities.
Coronavirus Main Contact: Aaron Steckman, Infection Preventionist
Email email@example.com or Call 513.782.2731 (office), 513.365.9527 (cell).
We thought you would like to know that employees from every department have “stepped up” to assist with meal preparation and delivery, essential care, activities, cleaning and even taking the time to check in with our residents to assure they are doing well, both mentally and physically. Some of our efforts to assist these employees and residents have included:
· Providing free meals to employees during their shifts, including lunch and dinner.
· Restricting access to Independent Living Common Spaces, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing.
· Screening of all essential employees entering the building.
· Providing onsite childcare for both Maple Knoll Village and The Knolls of Oxford. We recognize many of our employees may have challenges in finding child care during this difficult time and therefore we have just been approved by the State of Ohio to operate a temporary child care center through April 6th or until we are notified it is no longer needed or an extension is granted. This service will be FREE to employees.
· Creation of a Pandemic Pantry offering numerous essential-type items that may be difficult to obtain as well as will offer some of these things for sale in the café.
· The Employee Appreciation Team has been visiting all areas providing snacks, thank you’s and small tokens of our appreciation.
· Employees have been reassigned as needed- for example: wellness center employees providing activities in nursing, maintenance and housekeeping assisting with meals, screening and activities.
· Continuation of meals and activities in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing by implementing new programs which allow for 6 feet of social distancing and educational opportunities to stimulate each resident.
· Assistance with Skype and Facetime for residents in all levels of care.
· Working on the creation of a Pen Pal program between MKV and TKO IL residents.
· One on one resident activities such as delivery of snacks, flowers, care packages, games and puzzles.
· Addition of 24 hour programming on our resident television station which includes movies, exercise classes, prayer groups, Ted Talks, trivia, meditation and more.
· Delivery of meals provided to those in Independent Living by request and at no additional charge.
· Resident assistance with Kroger grocery ordering and delivering via telephone.
· Offering of essential grocery items, such as bread, milk, eggs, cheese, cereal and cleaning products via door to door delivery from our café.
· Promotion of request for letters and well wishes for our residents.
· We are currently in the process of finalizing our resident family member app which will allow all family members to access information similar to our current resident app.
You can be instrumental in limiting your risk for exposure and/or spreading the virus by;
1. washing your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub/sanitizer (must be 60%+ alcohol) for as long as it takes you to sing the “Happy Birthday” song TWICE
2. covering your mouth and nose when coughing/sneezing
3. disposing of used tissues immediately (don’t leave them laying on surfaces)
4. maintaining your distance from those exhibiting symptoms
5. avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
For updates on areas that have community spread or travel restrictions please refer to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html.
Our main sources for Coronavirus Information and Guidance continue to be The Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and Ohio Department of Health (ODH). Maple Knoll Communities’ Corporate Infection Preventionist will be coordinating all precautions, screenings, supplies, education, updates and communication related to the virus. Maple Knoll Communities will continue to provide all necessary operational support to respond to an outbreak, and abides by the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control’s standard recommendations to prevent infection spread.
LIVING AT MKV
LIVING AT MKV
The moment you step foot on to our campus, you realize our residents love to call Maple Knoll Village home. Maple Knoll Village offers carefree living in a secure environment. When selecting a retirement community, it’s important to find a facility that can meet your changing needs over time. Maple Knoll Village not only offers the features and amenities you desire, but the security to know you will be cared for well into the future. With on-site health care, including assisted living, home care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation, along with a Wellness Center and Clinic with many specialized services, Maple Knoll Village has everything you need to Live Life!
Maple Knoll Village is fortunate to be able to offer many specialized services. We have regularly scheduled visits from dentists, audiologists, dermatologists, optometrists, ophthalmologists, podiatrists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and a physician whose specialty is physical medicine and rehabilitation. These services are provided either in our Health Care Center or in our medical offices, so you never have to leave the building to see these specialists.
The neighborhood of variety
Walk into our community and your first impression will be of a warm and engaging atmosphere. Different neighborhoods that vary by floor plan, service packages, dining options, health care and fees allow residents many options, and residents are encouraged to become involved at whatever level feels right. The Village welcomes diversity and celebrates individuality. Check out our neighborhoods, accommodations and amenities, we are sure you will want to create memories and Live Life with us!